Thursday, June 4, 2009

Why does life get hectic.....

when you are getting ready to go on vacation? I'll admit, it is my fault for waiting until the last minute to get items together. It just seems that no matter how hard I plan my schedule to have the time to get everything ready, there is still never enough time. So, we are leaving Saturday morning and right now I am washing clothes, cleaning house (I cannot come home to a mess, it would ruin my vacation!), cooking a snack mix that my dear son requested, packing food, toys, favorite blanket and leash for my min pin, Pumpkin, since she is staying next door with my daughter, packing for myself (hubby packs his own clothes) and getting a few more snacks to take along for the ride. Also, want to get something together to craft on while riding. Think I might get my crocheting out, haven't done that in a while and it would be easy to throw in a tote and carry along. I am hoping a couple of my magazines will arrive tomorrow so I can read them front to back a couple of times!! Love my Mercantile Gathering and I think it went out last week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least that one gets here.

We will vacation in Williamsburg, Virginia and take the grandkids to Busch Gardens, water park and Colonial Williamsburg. We go to Williamsburg every year but haven't been to Busch Gardens in about three years so they are ready to go back. My son and daughter in law are going also so this should be a wonderful vacation. My daughter and son in law usually go but won't be able to make it this time. They will be going to Florida in August with us though.

My snack mix is ready to come out of the oven so off I go. Thanks for coming by!! Be back soon.....Chatty Kathy

1 comment:

Tolentreasures said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope that you have a great time of vacation. I love Williamsburg, haven't been there in years though. I feel your pain on getting ready to go though and my DH always manages to try to leave earlier than planned!

Cathy