Thursday, May 21, 2009

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL......

As Memorial Day approaches, I am taken back to forty years ago when we got the news that my brother gave the ultimate sacrifice for our Country. I was twelve years old but that memory of the look on my Mom and Dad's face when I walked in the door that day is forever etched in my mind. His death left a big scar on our hearts that can never heal. There are so many families with the same scar and my thoughts are with them now. May God bless the ones that made it home and bless the families of the ones who didn't. In Memory of Cpl. Kenneth Allen Mason......



I love you brother~~Chatty Kathy

1 comment:

OldeAnniePrimitives said...

Hi Chatty...what a beautiful tribute to your brother and all who have served our country. I remember that time all too well and worried greatly about my older brothers. That was a difficult time and still remember the stress and worry throughout our home. To all our relief they made it home safely. I can only imagine the pain your family endured. To this day I get such a feeling of pride, comfort and sometimes sadness when I see a soldier in uniform! Thank you for such beautiful words! ~~Annie