Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm a scatterbrain...

can't seem to keep focused lately.  I am on this computer every day but don't seem to get anything done.  I log on with the intention to post to this blog but then never get to it.  I start reading emails, then answering emails and before I know it the clock says its time to leave for work.  I get home, get dinner done, clean the kitchen and do whatever needs to be done around the house, get on the computer with the intention to post and.....well, you know the routine.   Do you feel like you waste a lot of time by not getting to what you intend to do or is it just me?  I think I'm getting old and forgetful.  LOL!!

Anyway, let's see what has been happening around here.  I finally got my trashy swap items complete and will be mailing those out tomorrow.  I didn't mean to wait until the last minute to finish up but with all the snow we have had, I didn't get to the thrift stores until just a couple of weeks ago.  I will be so glad when winter is over.  We don't usually get much snow but this winter we have had more than we have had in many years.  Maybe that's what is wrong with me, my brain is frozen!!! 


Oh, look at what I got.......


and look at what I did with it......

I am having lots of fun!! This is one of those market totes with the zippered top that I embroidered on.  I have been invited to two baby showers this weekend and have embroidered on some receiving blankets, burp clothes and socks.  Still have lots to learn though.   I put Shelby's initials on one of her pullover tops and they ended up being inside out.  LOL!!  She was so sweet about it and said "Nana, that's OK, I can wear it when we paint together."  Thank the good Lord, I never do wrong in her eyes. 

Speaking of painting, the house is still not done.  The painter called Monday and said it would be another two weeks before he could start.  I'm glad he has plenty of work but I really want this house DONE!!  I don't like living in a mess...arrgghhh!!

Well, I want you to look at this, I actually got a post done!!  Ha, ha~~big hugs my friends.  Chatty Kathy

8 comments:

Robin Beck said...

I've been wondering what you have been up to!
I have to tell you...I am jealous! I've been wanting a machine that embroiders. I told my mom the other day when my kids do all move out (Ha, I should say "if") I am going to get a serger and a embroider machine. Someday, someday...
I love how the market tote turned out.
Have fun!
Robin~♥

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Looks like you are a fast learner! The embroidery looks great! I wish my machine did that. I wold really like a new machine that does it all! LOL!

I hope the painting is finished soon. It's hard for me to live in chaos too.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

countercrafts said...

So glad to know that I am not the only one that gets "lost" reading blogs, etc...I spend way too much time on the computer and not enough time crafting. Great job with the embrodiery/sewing machine! Way to go! Take Care and God Bless! Donna

Anonymous said...

Please visit my blog I have something for you :) You are a great encouragement to me!

Happily Blest said...

Hello..Just a note to tell you that you won the eprints in my Easter Giveaway...please email me at suemc@cyberback.com I could not find your email address.

Thanks again..Sue Mc

My Colonial Home said...

I think if I had a nice machine like that I'd be away from blogging for awhile as well...
Karen

Friendship said...

Your article is very interesting. And you have decorated your art beautifully. It inspires people a lot. If the subject is good, then it is also fun to read and this is what people want nowadays, your post is really interesting. Inspired by you, I too think I should write an article on a fun subject.
golden opportunity
college girls in gurugram
Butey girl agency
vip girl gurgaon
Body Massage
Nuru Massage Gurgaon
Lose 20 Pounds Wight