Monday, December 7, 2009

My Olde Fashioned Christmas Swap

goodies arrived this week from Tammy and they are wonderful.  Look at what I got!!!

Christmas Swap Tammy 002

The textile item is a great snowman stitchery which now sits on a cabinet shelf, wooden item is the Joy to the World sign, lighted item is a wonderful smelling jar candle, smell good item is a bag of Lemon Rose Creations (you put 3 T. in a sink of hot water and man it smells sooo goooood!!), three ornies are a snowman head, candy cane and Santa cat which has found a home on my tree and the wild card item is a great little Annie doll who also found a place on my tree.  Tammy, thank you so much, I sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness and love all my items! 

Well, yesterday my g’daughter and I tried making some cinnamon salt dough gingerbread men but hmmmm, while baking, they turned almost white.  Don’t know what I did wrong but I am not pleased with them so I am on the lookout for a different recipe that will keep my gingerbread men looking like gingerbread men!!  LOL!!!  We also made a few jars for her to give to teachers as gifts.  Very easy and fun to make.  Click here for instructions.

Oh, I almost forgot!  I purchased myself a Christmas present….well, actually two Christmas presents.  I have been wanting a snowman from Arnett’s Country and just happened to come across their Christmas Open House the other night.  I tried to purchase a Santa and a Snowman from the open house but she sold out of ALL of them on the site.  So, after many emails back and forth, I called her to see if she had anything left and she was finishing up on a Santa and a snowman.  I purchased them, site unseen while on the phone.  I still can’t believe I did that without even looking at them but I have never seen any of her items that I didn’t like so I took a chance.  Take a look……

Did I go wrong?  I don’t think so, I am very pleased.  So the tweaking continues and my mantle got another makeover to add these two pieces.  I will definitely be saving my money so I can start a collection and get a snowman and/or Santa each year!!! 

Have you wrapped all your presents yet?  I have not wrapped anything yet so that is what I will get off of here and do now. LOL!!  Take care and remember the reason for the season!!  Hugs, Chatty Kathy

7 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

What sweet swap goodies! And congrats on buying the Santa & snowman! from looking at her other work, I think you did GREAT! I can't wait to see them!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Linda said...

Hi Kathy......I have really been enjoying seeing all of your latest photos of your Christmas decorating.
Love the newest Santa and snowman too!
Linda/simplycountryseasons

denise said...

i've wrapped a couple of things that had to be shipped but that's it. by the way,love your swap goodie! happy prim holidays! denise

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Kathy, I meant to tell you the other day that you could paint those gingers to make them look more like real gingerbread. That way, all your work wouldn't go to waste.
Have a great day!

Sherie said...

Kathy, Love your blog! Sherie

OldeAnniePrimitives said...

Hi Chatty! You didn't go wrong at all. Those are adorable! And love your swap items. I just love getting surprises in the mail! Go wrap those presents...I'm waiting for daughter to come home from college! She's my wrapper! LOL! ~~Annie

Robin Beck said...

Oh Kathy, Have I wrapped my presents yet? I haven't even bought my presents yet!!! I only have one person on my list done! Egad.
If it's not one thing it's another around here. My son Timothy is well because of yours and others prayers (thank you so much) and now my husband Tim has some sort of fluke stomach pain. He is going to the doctors this morning. These are my two boys that "never" get sick????
Anyway, I enjoyed coming over here this morning and seeing all your wonderful crafts you received!!! I've got to get busy and get back to the 25 days of Christmas!!!
Have a great week, and thank you again Kathy for praying for Timmy.
Much love,
Robin~♥