Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It must be Christmas!!

This box was sitting on my front porch when I got home last night.

Harvest Swap 001

Look at what I found inside!!!

Harvest Swap 003

Man oh man, I had a wonderful swap partner for the Harvest Swap organized by Char/The Pickled Pepper Patch. Colleen/And Baby Makes Five really knows how to pack a box full of goodies. Stitcheries, boxes, star, candles, bags of mini bowl fillers, soap, plates, note pad, towels….WOW!!! And most of it was handmade!!!Colleen, I could never thank you enough for all these wonderful items. Everything fits in perfectly with my fall decor. I feel very blessed to have you as a friend!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Our trip to Pigeon Forge last week was lots of fun. We got a couple of rain showers but overall the weather was nice. Cool temps felt just like fall. Here is what we drove….

Pigeon Forge 2009 008

My ‘56 Lil’ Black Bird. This was my Dad’s car and when he passed away, my son restored it for me. We have a great time riding around and cruising in that baby.

Next, is a shot of the Old Mill water wheel. It wasn’t running while we were there but listening to the waterfall is so relaxing and the flowers are beautiful!!

Pigeon Forge 2009 007

And of course, I went prim shopping!!! Had lunch with my dear friend Rebecca at Rebecca’s Thyme and also visited Primitive Treasures. Both shops are fabulous!!! I could just spend the day walking around and drooling and dreaming of my house being filled up with all those treasures.

I was sad to learn of the loss of Patrick Swayze. He was a great actor and I loved his movies Dirty Dancing and Ghost. He fought a hard battle but now the battle is over and he can be at peace.

Well, ladies, I must log off and head to work! I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday and I’ll see you later. Hugs, Chatty Kathy

5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

WOW, you got lotsa goodies there!!! I love when boxes come, even though its usually stuff i paid for, still seems like Christmas:) I LOVE the pic with the water wheel and those bright flowers and that car is awesome!!!!

Janene said...

You sure made out like a bandit! Colleen made some great items for you...but I saw what you sent her, and you sent her some awesome stuff too!
I was sad to hear about Partrick too! I'm glad the fight is over for him...he is now at piece.
I really enjoy your blog...I'll be back!

Jblover109Woozworld said...

Wow what a bounty of wonderful fall items in the mail! It's a prim care package!

Shakerwood said...

What a haul you have gotten there! I'm not a big car nut but I gotta say that car is pretty sweet. I'll bet it's lots of fun to take through the mountains.

Unknown said...

Hi!! I just wanted to say Thank You for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment.
Oh Yes, I have the World's Best Mommy!! ;)
I am so blessed to have her not only as a Mother but as my Best Friend!!
Thanks again and I am so glad you stopped by because now I have found your wonderful blog.
Going to save it to my fav's so I can stop back by often.

~Tammy