Friday, July 10, 2009

What have I been up to this week?

Well, my granddaughter thinks Nana can do anything. So, this week she tells me that her daycare school is having a "sock hop" and she needs a poodle skirt. Shelby is 8 years old and has the most beautiful blues eyes you have ever seen and she knows if Shelby wants something she can come to Nana and usually get it. I searched the internet for a pattern and found one that was free!! It just gave instructions on how to measure and cut it out. I had some grey fabric that was just taking up space so I used that for the skirt. I was going to cut out a poodle but Shelby saw one at Wally World that she liked so we got that and I bought some trim for the leash. I got it made, she tried it on and it just wasn't standing out enough. So, then I made her a crinoline slip. Hmmmm, gotta say, that little girl looks adorable!! We are going this weekend to get her some canvas tennis shoes, bobby socks and a pink scarf. I think she is going to wear either a white or black t-shirt type top with it. I have a wide black belt she will wear also. I didn't have a chance to get a picture yet since she had to run home and show Mom and Dad but I will post one as soon as I have it.

I am also teaching her some basic shag steps. She will be all set for this dance. Of course, I also told her she couldn't be dancing with any boys. That poodle will bite 'em!! LOL!! Chatty Kathy

4 comments:

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Oh how fun is that? I never had a poodle skirt - altho I wanted one. Did you? It's nice you have a granddaughter so close. Mine is many miles away.
Have fun at the dance!
Faye

Tolentreasures said...

How fun! Can't wait to see pics. I have a Shelby also...my daughter that is 28. Your granddaughter is one lucky little girl to have a Nana like you!

Cathy

My Colonial Home said...

Awww Kathy how fun! I REMEMBER wearing the poodle skirts! lol
I'm patiently waiting the pictures of her - sounds adorable and you are a wonderful Grandma...isn't it fun fulfilling their wishes/dreams?

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a wonderful comment.

Hugs, Karen
My Colonial Home Blog

My Colonial Home said...

P.S.
I'm adding your blog to my blog list!!! And I'm also following you now.
Karen