Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 11, 2001.....

a day I will never forget. I could not believe what I was hearing as I listened to the radio nor could I believe what I was seeing on the television. Why? I didn't understand then and I don't understand now, why it all happened. Our country's loss of life on that day was beyond comprehension. The images on TV were devastating. I did not personally know anyone that died but my heart ached just the same. I cried uncontrollably. I could not stop watching and listening to all the stories. I especially wanted to hear about the firefighters that gave their life trying to save others. I'm proud of each and every one of them. I'm proud of my husband, a firefighter, who risks his life on every call he goes on. I took his profession for granted until 9/11. Not anymore.

God Bless our Country and God Bless the families that had loved ones so tragically taken away.

Always remember~Chatty Kathy

No comments: